Saturday, 14 April 2012

The day i thought my 40 days were over.

This day I almost got busted by my old lady. It's a normal Friday afternoon waiting for something random for the night. My pal gives me a call. She promises to pass by my school on her way home. At around 1730hrs, my pal shows up. I get really excited until I see the dude behind her. My day is suddenly messed up. I can't say that I hate this boy.....I just don't like him. He has got this really weird hair, which is very disturbing for me, especially since I have a fetish for really neat haircuts. Since my school has a really awesome bar, they decided to have one drink before leaving. What I didn't know was that they were already a little drunk. They just needed one more drink to reach cloud 20. We walk to the bar, the place is extremely full. We got a really bad sitting place. They didn't really mind, they were already high. One beer become two, two became vodka ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I woke up in the morning. I still had on the previous day's clothes. I was in my bed. My underwear was still in tact...THANK GOD. my head was pounding. I was fatigued. I felt like I was run over by a truck. I think a bell was ringing right in my ears. My phone rung. It was a call that I always dread...my OLD LADY. I was supposed to meet her in town. I ask her to give me one hour. She says it's fine. I shower really quick and brush my teeth. After dressing up, I get back into bed, call my old lady, tell her I can't make it because I am really sick. Little did I know, this was the worst decision I have ever made my entire life. My old lady decided to come see me in school. What was I gonna do??? I wasn't even supposed to be living inside school. I hide my clothes so that she doesn't notice I live there. I was to tell her that was my pal's place.

As soon as she arrives, I tell her I got food poisoning. My sister is not helping because she is very aware of what is going on. In case I did not mention earlier, my old lady is a doctor, she also has this very holy image of her little baby. She looked at my pale face, my eyes, the way I was throwing up. She told me that I either had malaria or typhoid. She dismissed food poisoning as I had told her earlier. She then decided that she would take me to the school's health unit. At this point, I knew I was dead. I had no fucking disease, I had a fucking hangover. I started scheming how I would stop her from taking me to hospital.

I was so relieved when I realised she had to leave before 1400hrs because she had to travel. I asked her to take me to the health unit and leave me there. When we got to the health unit, she told me bye and left me seated. Five minutes after she left, I wished all the other patients a quick recovery and then left and went back to my room. After all these, I realised how much my old lady loves me. You know what "I love you too mum"


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment